In compliance with the provisions of the Act on Condominiums, after completion the Metrodom Young will operate as a condominium. As required by law the condominium will be established by Metrodom, which will approve the building’s deed of foundation, organisational and operational regulations and house rules, the initial common costs and first building representative. Later, the general meeting of the owners will naturally be free to decide on these matters.
At the Metrodom Young, in addition to the building representative, a whole team of security guards, cleaners and a caretaker will work to ensure that the community spaces function properly and are clean, and that the services which set Metrodom Young apart from other apartment buildings continue to be provided to a high standard.
The common costs include all the costs related to the upkeep of the building, including but not limited to the following:
• Building representative’s fee
• 24-hour concierge service
• Operation of security cameras
• Cleaning of common areas and pavements
• Waste removal
• Lighting and heating of common areas
• Care and watering of the garden, maintenance of the sports ground
• Insurance for the building and apartments (the latter only provides cover for the property itself)
• Caretaker services (changing light bulbs, putting out/bringing in the waste bins, minor maintenance etc.)
• Lift maintenance, emergency rescue service
• Boiler maintenance, boiler operation
• Remote monitoring of parking garage safety system (smoke and CO detectors)
• Maintenance, lighting, cleaning of bicycle and motor scooter garage
• Operation, cleaning and heating of gym and changing rooms
• Operation, heating and cleaning of saunas
• Operation, maintenance and heating of club room and common room
The common costs do not include the heating and hot water supply of the apartments, but since these are provided by the central boiler, settlement is also performed by the building representative. In practice, this takes place in a similar way to the settlement of electricity consumption. The building representative reads the heat meters and hot water meters every month, and bills each apartment based on consumption.