As required by the Act on Condominiums, following its handover Babér utca 13-15 will operate as an autonomous condominium, to be established by Metrodom, which will approve the condominium’s deed of foundation, organisational and operational regulations and house rules, the initial common costs and the first building representative. Later, the general meeting of the owners will naturally be free to decide on these matters.
The common costs include all the costs related to the upkeep of the building, including but not limited to the following:
- Building representative’s fee
- Waste removal
- Lighting and heating of common areas
- Gardening and irrigation (except private roof gardens)
- Insurance for the building and apartments (the latter only provides cover for the property itself)
- Caretaker services
- Lift maintenance, emergency rescue service
- Boiler maintenance, boiler operation
- Maintenance of garage doors
The common costs do not include the heating and hot water supply of the apartments, but since these are provided by the central boiler, settlement is also performed by the building representative. In practice, this takes place in a similar way to the settlement of electricity consumption. The building representative reads the heat meters and hot water meters every month, and bills each apartment based on consumption.